Sunday, March 2, 2008

House in Argentina

I am still figuring this out, but as you can see I did get some pictures on here, now adding text to them where I want it is my next project. The top picture is the outside of the house. Before I go any further, let me correct and say "WE" got some pictures on here as Everette just reminded me. The second picture shows the kitchen and dining room end of the great room. The third picture shows the living room end of the great room. The forth picture is of the POOL!! We were assured for the oh, I can't even keep count of the number of times we have been told that we would be in the house by the end of the week. If they don't hurry we won't even get to use the pool as summer is winding down here. Houses here are hard to find, most people live in the city unless they are farmers or ranchers. The city we are in now is Rosario, second largest city in Argentina. Rosario is about 180 miles northwest of Buenos Aires up the Parana (Pa-ron-ya) River. Everette's jobsite is in Timbues which is another 25 miles northwest up the river. This house is another 8 miles north of the jobsite. Here in Argentina when you leave the city, you are in the country, kind of like when you drive outside of Las Vegas, once you are out of the city there is nothing. Here when you leave the city you are in farm and ranch land, on both sides of the road as far as you can see. Our house is about 32 miles out into the farm and ranch land. Most of the houses in this little grouping of houses were built for recreational use, like we have mountain or beach houses. The house is very nice for here with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. The house was being built by an attorney (Mr. Testone) for a vacation home, we were lucky to find it. More about the house later, love to all, Dana
(


2 comments:

Dustin and Jennie Harrell said...

Yay!! I'm so thrilled that you have started a blog! I'm still figuring out how to work things on blogger too. I've found that it really takes practice. The house looks so nice! Talk with you soon! We love you both, Jennie

Rachel said...

It is kind of true that BA is the centre and most crowded part of the country, but there are other provinces that are perfect because there are not so many people and you can live quietly in the outsides. Wehn I travelled, for instance, I stayed at a hotel boutique in rosario which is located in the province of Santa Fe. I liked it better than the capital and I found people friendlier!
That is my opinion!
Cheers,
Rachel