Thursday, December 4, 2008

No, we didn't just get back from Monte Video!

I have been a very terrible blogger. I have thought of this often, but always will get around to it. We all know how that goes. I know it would seem that since April I would have tons to talk about, but honestly, not too much.

The first thing I will tell you all is that a very special prayer has been answered. Our little Maria Fe has been adopted by a family from Italy. We were so blessed to have been able to have this sweet little one in our lives, and we praise God that he has provided her a family to love her. In October I was able to visit my friend Patty (her husband is on the new site in Peru) who is back living in Peru. We were able to go to the Children's Home and see all the new babies, and our babies that are now toddlers and 2-3 year olds. It was a wonderful day hugging and kissing and cuddling all those sweet children. Please continue to pray for the New Life Children's Home and Bro. Mike & Chelene Kennedy in Peru. www.PeruMissions.com They can always use any amount of support, the info is on the website, and as someone who has been there and seen the difference this home makes in the lives of these children I can assure you this is a worthy investment. God will truly bless you!

Argentina is a beautiful country, but I must say it is a place I would rather visit than live here. But, we are learning and adjusting to life here. We haven't had any time for fun travel around the country yet, as Everette is still working at least 6 days a week. Being Construction Manager for the site keeps Everette always busy, but he loves the job, and they definitely need the power here. They have both turbine plants online now producing power and my power at the house still keeps going out 2-3 times a week! Every time the power goes out now I look toward the plant to see if black smoke is billowing up from that direction! Everette doesn't think that's as funny as I do!!!!

When we return from home in January we are moving back to the city of Rosario. Living in the country has been nice, and I will miss my friendly neighbors of cows, horses, birds, owls, and frogs. However, I will not miss the bugs, mosquitos, and SPIDERS!! In one of my post I had told about the spider I found under the bedspread the first night we stayed here, well, that has proven to be nothing compared to the 10-13 spiders I kill everyday. And then there were the bees in the shower, we don't know how they get in there, somehow through the ceiling, I would go up during the day and find 50-100 honeybees in the shower. Thankfully they would all fly around the window trying to get out (the window is never opened because there is no screen) and eventually drop dead. Now just imagine having to sweep up the bees before you could get in the shower, weird isn't it? It has just proven too difficult to keep living out here, Everette doesn't get home until around 7-8, and then if we have to drive into the city for groceries or whatever it is 12 before we can get back. Plus I have had enough of the power going out, the Internet going out, and no phones out here. So, we will become a high rise apartment dweller again. Hopefully this job will be complete by November of 2009, and we sure would like to get a site in the States for Everette's next project.

I will admit that the time has gone by quite quickly it has seemed. Only 14 days until we fly out for home. Our flight leaves Dec 18th and we get home on the 19th, I hope to savor every minute we get to be with our family and friends. Our return date of January 4th will come too fast I'm sure. Please pray for safe travel for us and all of our friends on the site here who will be coming home for Christmas. We send our love to you all and can't wait to hug everyone!! Dana & Everette

No comments: